Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and that means that chocolates, flowers and romance will be all around us!
Rhode Island is filled with wonderful places to go, or to purchase some sweet gifts!
1. Of course, OPTX Rhode Island is always a great place to gift shop for occasions such as Valentine’s Day! Who doesn’t love some new designer eyewear? This Valentine’s Day OPTX also offers a complimentary VIP room experience in which you can shop privately with an optician/frame stylist. Complimentary refreshments, chocolates and flowers are also included in this package. Perfect for a couples night! Maybe you and your loved one will end up with some new matching eyewear? Check out the trendy new styles by Ray Ban, Gucci, Dior, Oakley, Maui Jim and many more.
2. Jewelry is huge when it comes to Valentine’s Day, as most of us know. It’s a timeless piece that people can cherish and enjoy for years to come. Jewelry can be the perfect way to show your feelings, or take the next step - if you catch our drift! ♥ Jewelry doesn’t have to be geared towards just women either, there’s plenty of pieces one can purchase for that special man in your life too! We love the family owned shop Stencel Jewelers in East Greenwich on 40 Main Street, and we’re sure you will too!
3. Namaste …. The gift of yoga! This is a fun gift that couples can even choose to take part in together. Yoga not only boasts many physical benefits, but it’s also amazing for one’s mind and soul! It’s the perfect way to destress, focus on yourself and unwind. Raffa Yoga in Cranston is one of our favorites and they host a variety of classes for all of the yoga lovers out there - new and old.
4. A fun gift that will bring joy just a few months later can include purchasing a gift certificate/ticket to pick your own tulips at our local Tulip Farm. Wicked Tulips Farm in Johnston will be opening in the spring and closing just before summer for the “U-pick” events so make sure you don’t miss out! Tulip season is quite short, so grab your tickets as early as possible. The perfect romantic date set for Spring that you can look forward to. Let the love blossom all year ‘round. ☺
5. Ugh, the gift of FOOD!! Probably one of everybody’s favorite gifts! We have some amazing restaurants here in Rhode Island, so be sure to take advantage of them this Valentine’s Day. Whether you take someone out for dinner, purchase a gift certificate, or have a girls/boys night out, the gift of food always prevails! Be sure to book reservations in advance when dining in. Some of our favorite romance spots to dine in Rhode Island include, Chapel Grille, Spain in Cranston, Siena, and La Masseria!
6. Accessories make a perfect gift because they are staples in everyone’s closet. Flaunt Boutique in is conveniently located in Smithfield, RI and boasts a variety of fun accessories available for purchase right in store. From handbags, to body care, jewelry and much more, this family owned store is the perfect one stop shop for all!
7. And of course, last but not least…. CHOCOLATE! Chocolate makes everyone happy and is a traditional symbol of Valentine’s Day. Not only does chocolate taste good, but it makes you feel good… literally. Many forms of chocolate are actually natural aphrodisiacs. (Woot woot! Lol!) We have some great Rhode Island chocolate shops that are considered now to be landmarks among us. These include places such as Sweenor’s and The Chocolate Delicacy.
So when it comes to shopping or gifting during Valentine’s Day, don’t stress! Sometimes simplicity is all you need, like some flowers or a box of chocolates and a sweet card. It’s not about HOW MUCH you spend, but rather the love behind the gift being given. If you happen to want to give the gift of sunglasses (or prescription eyewear), you’re not only giving a gorgeous gift but protecting your loved ones eyes as well. Be sure to give us a call at (401)-521-6789 if you need an eye exam, or if you’d like to speak to our optical staff.
Check out our gallery and all our new styles at 1277 Hartford Avenue in Johnston, RI. As always, feel free to browse through our website at www.optxrhodeisland.com.
♥ Happy Valentine’s Day!!! ♥