OPTX Frequently Asked Questions
What days are you open and what are your hours?
- We are open 6 days a week, Monday-Saturday. Mondays 8AM-7PM, Tuesdays 8AM-6PM, Wednesdays 8AM-7PM, Thursdays 8AM-6PM, Fridays 8AM-5PM and Saturdays 8AM-2PM.
Can I get an eye exam and purchase eyewear at this location?
- Yes! We offer eye exams and appointments for various eye health concerns. We also have a full inventory of designer and non-designer eyewear to fit everyone’s needs.
Do your hours of operation vary from the medical department to the optical department?
- No, both the medical and optical department share the same hours of operation.
Do I need an appointment to see an eye doctor?
- Walk-ins are welcome, but it is not guaranteed that there will be available for you to be seen that day. We always recommend booking in advance with one of our appointment specialists at the front desk. You can also call (401)-521-6789 to book an appointment.
Do I need an appointment to purchase eyewear?
- No appointment is necessary to purchase eyewear. We have several opticians and frame stylists in office to help you with your purchase. If you’re looking for something in particular, we advise clients call ahead to see if we can locate the frame for you, or if it has to be ordered.
Can I purchase eyewear at OPTX rhode island if I don’t see your ophthalmologists?
- Absolutely! All walk-ins for eyewear purchases are welcome. We ask you to bring an up-to-date prescription from your own eye doctor. Your prescription may not be older than 2 years.
Can I bring my frame in if I only need new lenses replaced?
- Yes, you can bring your frame and we can replace the lenses for you. We have a large variety of lenses to choose from. One of our opticians will assist you and help you decide what is best for your frame and prescription. Again, if you are not a patient in our system, we only ask you bring in an up-to-date prescription from your eye doctor.
Can I purchase contact lenses at OPTX?
- Absolutely. We strive for competitive pricing with our contact lenses and have access to a huge assortment of prescriptions. We also carry colored contact lenses. Please keep in mind your contact lens prescription must also be up-to-date if you do not see one of our in-house contact lens specialists.
I’ve never worn contact lenses but I’d like to try them. Do you offer contact lens trails?
- Yes, we offer contact lens trials to new and existing customers. In order to find the best pair for you, you will need a special exam and trial in which the doctor figures out which types will be the best and most comfortable for you and your needs. To book a contact lens trial, please contact our front desk and booking specialists at (401)-521-6789.
Do you carry Ray-Ban, Chanel, Oakley, Maui Jim, Versace, Cartier and Dior?
- Yes, we carry all of those designer brands, as well as many more. We have a large array of designers in-store. You will also find all your favorite Prada sunglasses, Tiffany sunglasses, Sospiri sunglasses, DITA sunglasses and almost every high end designer sunglass you are seeking!
I need glasses, but I don’t want to spend a lot of money. Do you have any package deals?
- Indeed, we have many package deals depending on what you need or are prescribed. We have packages starting at $99.00 which include your frame and lenses.
Do you accept insurance for glasses?
- We are in-network with most eye care insurance. Please call us if you have questions about your particular insurance. Some of the major insurance accepted include Blue Cross, United Health Care (Rhody Rite Care Choice Plus), Neighborhood, EyeMed ,VSP, Tufts. We also accept many others. Our specialists are happy to answer any insurance questions you may have.
Which insurances do you accept for medical eye exams and appointments?
- We accept a large array of health coverage and insurances. It is best to call our scheduling specialists and see if you will be covered under your plan. You can reach them at (401)-521-6789.
How much will it cost me to get an appointment and see a doctor?
- Your cost will vary based on what type of appointment you are booking, what sort of coverage you have from your insurance and what your copay is (if you have one at all).
Do you accept Care Credit?
- Yes! Many of our patients benefit from the multiple plans that Care Credit offers.
How long does an eye exam take?
- Depending on what types of testing you need done, you should expect to be in the office for at least one hour. It is best to ask your scheduling specialist in advance so you can plan ahead.
How long does it take to get eyewear?
- Choosing eyewear is the first step. The time allotted to choosing eyewear can range dramatically from person to person, and based on your needs. In order to get the finished product in your hands, it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on availability of frame(s), lenses, special treatments, etc.
Do you repair glasses?
- Our opticians do their best to repair all kinds of glasses on a daily basis. Our repairs are free! If your glasses can not be repaired, we can offer you other options. We are able to order parts for almost all of the eyewear brands we carry, which then may add a cost to the repair at that point. Keep in mind, if you purchase your eyewear at OPTX, we are pleased to offer you a one year warranty on your eyewear.
Are you able to repair glasses if I didn’t purchase them at OPTX?
- Yes! We offer repairs to new and existing clients, even if your eyewear was not purchased from our showroom.
When should protective eyewear be worn?
- Many of our clients ask us this question. In our opinion, you should be protecting your eyes at all times of the day. Whether you are outside, driving, or even watching TV or using your computer at home and at work. It is important to protect your eyes from the various stressors and light waves. Check out our blogs on our webpage for information regarding blue light, polarized glasses and more!
Do you sell polarized glasses?
- In today’s market, polarized glasses are becoming the new norm in the eyewear industry. It is extremely important to look after your eyes, especially when the sun is strong or you are facing harsh glares. Many of the designers we carry have polarized lenses as options. We are also able to custom order polarized lenses for you for frames if the designer does not offer them. Check out our blog regarding polarized eyewear on our website!
How expensive is your eyewear?
- Our eyewear ranges from all different price points. We have various options based on your budget and needs. Depending on the style and designer, you can see eyewear prices anywhere from $50 to upwards of a $1,000.
Do you sell kid’s and children’s eyewear?
- We always keep childrens eyewear in stock at OPTX. We are also able to order many kids eyeglasses, whether it be prescription eyewear or sunglasses. Come by our gallery and see what we have in stock! You can speak to one of our frame stylists or opticians if you cannot find the perfect frame for your little one. We are happy to order another style or fit for you!
What is your return policy on prescription or non-prescription eyewear or sunglasses?
- Prescription and non-prescription eyewear and sunglasses are non-refundable and non-returnable.We will always work with our clients to complete satisfaction however. Please feel free to speak with our eyewear consultants regarding your glasses at the time of purchase. Please refer to our return policy page for full store policy :