Beaches in Rhode Island are among some of the most highly rated in New England. For those of us that live in this little state, we are truly lucky that we have over 400 miles of gorgeous coastline along nearly every city and town. Visitors truly enjoy our beach and waterfront areas and some of the best seafood in New England too.
1. Narragansett Town Beach: With plenty of lifeguards on duty, tons of food nearby and beautiful sand, Narragansett town beach is a hit amongst many Rhode Islander’s and nearby states. Some even choose to surf or paddle board nearby. It is one of the most popular beaches in our hometown state. Enjoy a beautiful walk during the sunset on the sea wall, then eat a beautiful dinner at the Coast Guard House and you’ve got yourself a perfect day.
2. Scarborough State Beach: Scarborough (in Narragansett) is a public area in which you can find many beach goers flocking to during warmer months and summer seasons. Just a little ways down from Narragansett town beach, this too is a place where you can soak up the sunshine and enjoy Rhode Island’s beach life. They also have a newly renovated pavillion and expanded beach! 👍
3. Roger Wheeler State Beach (Southern Narragansett): This beach offers easy access to the Block Island ferry with just a short walk away! This beach also offers lifeguards, showers, concession stands and food nearby. Many people enjoy this beach as it may not get as busy as some of the others, especially when accompanied with children .This boasts a great setting for families with a playground and picnic tables as well. You are also minutes away from the famous George’s of Galilee restaurant.
4. East Matunuck State Beach: This beach located in South Kingstown and also close to the Block Island ferry. Many people say this beach has clean sand and clean water, also becoming a popular destination for those with families. Not only can you easily access the ferry, but many visitors claim they have gorgeous, clear views of Block Island from the beach itself! Hop on a charter near the town and enjoy a fun experience!
5. Misquamicut State Beach: Another mega popular beach in Rhode Island is without a doubt Misquamicut. Paddy’s Beach Club makes this beach a hit and go-to location for party goers and those looking for a fun drink or meal right by the waves. Popular DJ’s host parties here often, especially during peak season from June to August. Celebrities such as Ruby Rose, DJ Pauly D and more have performed there. Clean sand, public facilities and a nice pavillion are the cherry on top.
6. Sachuest Beach (also known as Second Beach): Often voted in some of the top beaches in Rhode Island, Second Beach includes gorgeous scenery and clean, soft sand. Visitors love the fact that along this big beach you can see some of the beautiful homes and adjacent to the beach is a Wildlife Refuge with almost three miles of trails! Surfers usually have their own section of the beach so that makes it a hit among sports enthusiasts. Easton’s Beach is nearby and also a hit among tourists.
Keep in mind that peak season makes parking difficult and probably more pricey. Most state beaches also charge upon entrance and kindly ask you to pick up trash after yourself to keep our beautiful state beaches as clean as possible. Smoking is prohibited as well, so if you have young children that is always a plus. The earlier you arrive during the summer, the better and cheaper parking you will find, as well as the best spot on the beach to spend your fun-filled day!
😎 As always, OPTX Rhode Island always suggests you protect your eyes when the sun’s rays are highest and most dangerous. Polarized sunglasses are best for beach days as the sun’s glare is almost completely reduced and you can even view your scenery through more vivid colors and higher clarity. Protect your eyes this season with a new pair of sunglasses from our showroom. Check out our coupons and deals on our website (listed below). We specialize and style in Maui Jim’s, Ray-Ban’s, Oakley’s and other brands that carry high quality Polarized lenses.😎
---> Visit us at 1277 Hartford Avenue, Johnston R.I 02919 during our business hours.
---> Call us at (401)-521-6789
---> Web: www.optxrhodeisland.com