Wayland Square is an area in the East side of Providence that runs along the Seekonk River. It’s definitely a fun area to be at any age and many people love coming here. Whether you go out for brunch with your squad, head there during your lunch break or in between classes, this is sure to be one of your treasure spots. Families are loving time together in this area too! Here you can find yourself shopping, dining and wandering around, with plenty of sidewalks throughout. Not only is there a lot to do within Wayland Square but in close proximity nearby is a park as well. The food is awesome and there are plenty of choices for all. The shops and boutiques are one of a kind and gives the area its own “town feel.” A day trip in this area and you’ll find yourself going more often after the first time!
1. L’Artisan Cafe and Bakery and Starbucks are some of the most popular coffee shops in Wayland Square. L’Artisan has amazing choices for bakery items to go along with your coffee. Highly recommended by reviewers and locals makes this place a great place to stop for a quick pick me up. Starbucks is a great place to meet and enjoy some time as well. Whether you’re updating spreadsheets, doing homework or simply reading and relaxing, you can always rely on Starbucks to be a go-to option as well! Grab a coffee or a baked good and enjoy your time in Wayland Square!
2. Dining in this area is superb! There are plenty of options and spots to stop and grab a bite. Whether you are craving something or want to try something new, we’ve got some suggestions for you! The first is Salted Slate which is high quality American food made with local and high quality ingredients. You truly can’t go wrong at this place. The next place is Red Stripe. It’s a large restaurant with a great all-around menu. They have French influences and this spot is known very well for its awesome brunch menu! Thirdly, we recommend you make a stop at Pasta Beach. This quaint and cozy establishment is the perfect place to grab some yummy Italian cuisine. Pasta, pizza, salads - all with portions that will not disappoint! Lastly, if you’re craving some Asian dishes, stop by Haruki East. Reviewers boast that the sushi is a piece of art in itself! All of these places are great options to dine. Of course, there are plenty more so if you are hungry and in the area, you will leave with a full and happy belly for sure!
3. Shopping in the stores and all the adorable boutiques will have you leaving with some goodies. A favorite in the area is Harper and Tucker. It’s an extremely cute and charming fashion boutique with beach and bohemian vibes. The story behind this boutique comes from two best friends and it is complete goals! Wendy Brown Home is another favorite for many. There you can find gorgeous home decor with tons of linens and accessories for our inner interior designers. Retail therapy in Wayland Square? We think yes!!
4. Bottles Fine Wine is a beer and liquor store that many people know about in this area. What many people don’t know is that they also do engraving of bottles, weekly events and even wine tastings! You can check out their events and more by visiting their website of checking out their Facebook page. Nothing like a little stroll around Wayland followed by some wine tasting, eh?
5. Blackstone Park Conservation District is a 45 acre park and forest that also features tons of open space surrounded by woodlands too that is a short distance from the hub of Wayland Square. Blackstone is perfect for picnics or a stroll to enjoy the wildlife. It’s a great way to start or finish the day. Breathe in some fresh air, go for a jog or bring your whole family here! Waterman Street dog park is also nearby and a great spot to stop by for all the dog lovers out there!
We hope you enjoy some time out on the town and the area of Wayland Square in Providence, Rhode Island. If you find yourself wandering around throughout the day, don’t forget to protect your eyes and bring your sunnies! If you’re in need of some new sunglasses please feel free to visit us at 1277 Hartford Avenue, Johnston Rhode Island. To contact our eyewear specialists you can call us at (401)521-6789 and don’t forget to visit us at www.optxrhodeisland.com.
OPTX Rhode Island
1277 Hartford Ave,
Johnston, RI 02919FAX NUMBER(401) 453-3288TELEPHONE(401) 521-6789EMAILTEAMOPTX@OPTXRHODEISLAND.COM