Rhode Island has a large Italian community that dates as far back as over one hundred years. There are many various places around Rhode Island where you can find Italian communities, markets, delis, restaurants, boutiques and more! Some of our favorite Italian places to visit are simply the deli’s and markets found across the state. There is an abundance of this country and culture situated in just about every city here in Rhode Island. Check some of our favorite delis and markets out for yourself!
1. Venda Ravioli is voted one of the best italian gourmet stores and restaurants in Rhode Island and it’s easy to see why when you make a trip there yourself. Not only can you dine in the beautiful restaurant, but Venda has its own catering department and it’s basically an italian grocery store! It’s conveniently located in Little Italy (also known as Federal Hill) in Providence so it is just minutes from the highway and plenty of main access roads. Whether you want to pick up some fresh food, or Venda-made food that you can cook at home yourself, you will always get that beautifully prepared italian taste in all of their dishes. There are plenty of other items up for purchase here and you will find yourself coming back to stock up for more. Experience Venda, you won’t regret it!
2. Sognalo Italian Deli and Cafe is located off of Plainfield Pike in Cranston. This is a local favorite of residents’ for many years as well because of the highly rated fresh food selections. Reviews boast a clean environment and visitors rave about the homemade food. Not only will your food be hot and fresh, but it will truly have that authentic italian taste.
3. Pauly Penta’s Gourmet Italian Deli in North Providence is a true classic and must-see. Pauly Penta’s truly offers it all. Freshly made food, competitive prices, great service, catering and most importantly - high quality. Pauly’s is right off of Mineral Spring Avenue so its location is also convenient. If you have some time, you’ll want to check this place out if you haven’t already. The abundance of food options (hot and cold) and the deli makes this a top competitor in our books!
4. Italian Corner in East Providence may look like a pretty simple or standard spot but it has been around for many years and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon! Whether you’re grabbing from the deli or dining in, this place will leave you coming back for more. Italian Corner prides themselves on their authenticity of various Italian flavors that are true and reflect Italian culture. Check it out for yourself and see why it’s a local Italian favorite!
5. Tony’s Colonial Food Store is also a part of Little Italy here in Rhode Island. Here you can find tasty imported and domestic Italian food products. They also have daily prepared foods and catering options for those who don’t want to wait to get home and enjoy the food! It’s definitely one of the nicest Italian deli’s in the state. Freshly made food, tons of Italian products in-store and friendly staff - we’d say this is on your list of new places to try!
OPTX Rhode Island is just a short driving distance from many of the surrounding cities. Next time you are near Hartford Avenue in Johnston, be sure to make a stop by OPTX and take a look at some of the Italian designer brands we carry, plus many more! Our staff and team is happy to assist you at our full-service eye care center. If you have any questions, feel free to call us at (401)521-6789 or visit our website at www.optxrhodeisland.com.