SPRING HAS SPRUNG! LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!
Looking for the top activities to enjoy in Rhode Island now that the flowers are blooming and the weather is warmer and sunnier? Well look no further! We’ve got the scoop:
1. Hotel Week kicks off in Rhode Island from April 17-30. Ever wanted to stay in the top, luxury destinations in Rhode Island for some R&R and pampering? Now is your chance. You can stay in many of Rhode Island’s most beautiful hotels and resorts for a fraction of the normal room rate during Hotel Week. Try the Hotel Viking in Newport or maybe The Shelter Harbor Inn in Westerly. Endless options to enjoy some down time and recharge with room service, candlelight dinner and of course breakfast in bed! Complete list of participating hotels here: https://www.visitrhodeisland.com
2. Wicked Tulip farm is an absolute MUST SEE for the ultimate spring time activity. Revel in the magnificent site of thousands and thousands of brightly tinted blooms. This adorable family run business has Dutch roots, the family of tulip growers relocated to Rhode Island and brought so much beauty with them. It is located in Exeter. Check their website for Covid safety restrictions for your visit and to purchase tickets: www.wickedtulips.com
3. Love the sound of waterfalls? Well, surprisingly there are some truly beautiful falls here in Rhode Island! Take a “Rhode” trip (pun intended, ha) to see some of the best ones for photo ops and a day outside in the warm sun! Our suggestions: Harrisville Falls in Burrillville, Ponagansett Falls in Scituate, The Falls at Slater Mill in Pawtucket, and Shannock Horseshoe Falls in Richmond. Splish Splash!
4. How about the ultimate convertible experience? Check out Scooter World in Newport, https://scooterworldri.com/ , for all kinds of cool, open air buggies you can rent to cruise the streets. Motor scooters, Slingshots and three wheelers are just some of the rental options to take a spin and become a tourist for the day.
5. How about some wine in a dreamy farm setting? At the historic Andrew Brown homestead in Chepachet sits the beautiful Mulberry vineyards and venue. Check the web site for Covid-19 safety and hours: https://www.mulberryvineyards.com
It is definitely worth the trip. Occasionally you can even catch live music during the tastings.
We understand that these challenging new times have changed our sense of normal, but we still need to have fun and find a sense of balance in our own lives. The above activities are perfect for spring, but be sure to always call for hours, restrictions and current safety practices before embarking on your fun trip for the day,
Also, don’t forget to take your sunglasses. A day out in the sun requires eye protection. We can help if you’re looking for that fashionable edge to compliment your spring wardrobe! Call 401-521-6789 to speak with one of our frame stylists or visit us at 1277 Hartford Ave., Johnston, RI, you can also visit our web site www.OPTXrhodeisland.com
OPTX Rhode Island
1277 Hartford Ave,
Johnston, RI 02919FAX NUMBER(401) 453-3288TELEPHONE(401) 521-6789EMAILTEAMOPTX@OPTXRHODEISLAND.COM