Looking for the best place to get ice cream in Rhode Island this summer? Look no further! Although the options are really endless in this wonderful little state, here are just a few of our top picks! These won’t disappoint:
1. Awful Awful’s from Newport Creamery: Possibly a staple for many of us Rhode Islander’s! We really love our local Newport Creamery’s and we all love their Awful Awful shakes. The variety of flavors and combinations to choose from make this a favorite amongst many who are familiar with the eatery. They also serve food and other types of fun desserts at all of their locations!
2. Gray’s in Tiverton: Gray’s is known for their homemade ice creams and frozen yogurts. This is a fun outdoor place to go to get a yummy and genuine dessert. Picnic area for sitting outside creates a cute and cozy atmosphere after a long and hot summer day.
3. Sundaes in Cranston: This is a very well known outdoor ice cream shop in a convenient Cranston location! Just off of Oaklawn Avenue, you can find this precious sundae shop. Come summer-time, the lot is filled with lots of people looking for their sweet-tooth fix. There are tons that you can order here and their reviews speak for themselves!
4. Mr. Lemon in Providence: Serving up summer just right with their icy cold and delicious frozen lemonades! This is also considered a staple for many in the area (located on Hawkin’s Street) and even to those who are not nearby! The small, quaint and cute place has some of the best lemonade around the state and worth the trip into Providence! Not to mention all the traditional ice cream favorites! The large lemon graphic in the side of their building is “Instagram- worthy!”
5. Gelina’s in Coventry: Gelina’s has been open for more than forty years, serving up some yummy ice cream, shakes and more! Families find it a necessary place to be for outings and to get everyone together for a sweet treat. Many who visit Gelina’s have been going since they themselves have been kids! Don’t miss this spot right on Tiogue Avenue!
6. Papa’s Ice Cream in Warwick: Located off of West Shore Road, nearby the buttonwoods community, Papa’s is a very popular, well-known and highly rated ice cream shop in Warwick. Their “old school counter” theme serves seating indoors and outdoors and they often times also sell delicious cupcakes! Stop in when it’s rainy, or hot for the perfect afternoon!
Enjoy some amazing ice cream at one or all of these great Rhode Island spots! If you need to take your “cool” quotient (yes, pun intended) to the next level, don’t forget to wear your shades while indulging in strawberry, chocolate, pistachio or cookie dough! If you need some new sunglasses we can take care of that!
Come visit our showroom today! OPTX Rhode Island is located at 1277 Hartford Ave., Johnston RI.
We would be happy to style you and create your perfect summer look in Ray Bans, Maui Jim, Chanel, Dior and many other designers and brands!
Be sure to check our web site for coupons and discounts : www.OPTXrhodeisland.com
Or give us a call at (401) 521-6789