The New Year is a happy, scary, and nostalgic time in the year. During the end of one year, we find ourselves in the midst of all the holiday celebrations and starting to think about what the New Year might bring us. We’re all used to the New Year’s resolutions that we tell ourselves will be a part in our lives, but we also all know that sometimes we don’t always stick to our goals and plans the entire new year.
It may be impossible to stick to every resolution you’ve set for yourself. But, it’s not impossible to try!
We’ve decided to put together a list of potential resolutions that can make YOU happier, which is what it’s all about! Self-love, self-happiness and self-care can go a long way in your journey to attaining important life goals. Some of the simplest resolutions can set the tone for the upcoming year - in a good way!
1. Set fitness goals, and STICK TO THEM! You don’t have to set unrealistic goals, or even fitness aspirations that you know deep down will be hard and stressful to attain. It can simply be taking a walk for 20 minutes after work, going to the gym even once or twice a week, or simply trying a new sport! Group classes are a great way to stay motivated and attain some of the most reasonable fitness goals. That’s not to say you shouldn’t train to be in a fitness or weight lifting competition. If you know you can do it, then like Nike would say, “Just do it!”.
2. Eat Healthier! No one is perfect and we all have our downfalls, especially when it comes to food. People find it really hard to get out of bad eating habits, but one of the only ways you can kick them to the curb is by introducing healthy foods into your diet. As weird as it may sound, the more you introduce healthy foods to your body and mind, the less you will eventually crave junk foods. Especially if you pair healthy eating with some exercise! Foods packed with nutrition that our bodies want will actually boost your moods, mentality and overall appearance too!
3. Adopt an Animal! Animals bring us so much joy, love and most of all - happiness! Stop by a local shelter and adopt an animal that is in need of a home. It’s a decision that will not only change your life, but the life of your new, rescued companion!
4. Save some money! When you begin saving, and you see the numbers go up, you will feel so good about yourself and you can use some of that money to buy something you’ve always wanted, make a thoughtful purchase for someone else, and much more. You won’t feel guilty about buying that expensive pair of shoes, some vintage jewelry, a new handbag, or even a beautiful new pair of sunglasses!
5. Travel!! (Maybe with the money you’ve saved up^!) to a place you have been eyeing for all of those years! Vacations provide us relief from our daily stresses, make for amazing life-time memories, and give us a sense of appreciation for the world! It doesn’t have to be a fancy Caribbean getaway, it can even be to a neighboring state or a short drive away from you.
6. Get into a new hobby. A new hobby can change the way you look at free time and make you more excited to start your day! Especially if you find yourself immersed in a new hobby that truly excites you or brings joy to your life. It can be starting yoga, getting into art, collecting something, crafting, or just about anything! Who knows, maybe it can fuel you to begin your own business or sell a product or design.
7. Start spending your time with the right people! This can truly change one’s life, not just a year. Eliminating toxic people or simply spending more time with family and those you truly love can even set you up to become more motivated. You’ll find yourself enjoying time spent time with people around you far more than you did before!
8. Volunteer and find a way to give back to your local community, or even on a global level. Start a fundraiser, volunteer at a shelter, do something for someone else, besides only yourself (even though you are most important!). Giving up some of your time, or a few pennies here and there can change someone else’s life. And you know what they say, Karma is good to you if you do good in the world!
9. Do yourself and your body a favor by getting more sleep or heading to bed at an earlier hour. This will set you up for a more successful day in the morning, and give you more time to accomplish things prior to officially starting your day! A well rested mind and body can do nothing but good to you! If you do it often enough, it can become one of your best habits for the new year!
10. Enjoy the little things in life! It’s time for you to learn how to stop and smell the roses. Go for a walk by yourself, and appreciate nature around you. Life is too short for us to ponder and stress about things that really will make no major impact(s) in our lives. When you learn how to enjoy the little moments and things in life, you learn how to enjoy life overall. Appreciate everything around you and realize that everything has a purpose here.
For any questions or concerns regarding your eye-care or eye-wear, please contact us via our website at www.optxrhodeisland.com. You can also call us at (401)-521-6789. In the area? - Stop by and visit our team at 1277 Hartford Avenue, Johnston, Rhode Island 02919. Also please find us on Instagram and FaceBook @OPTXeyewear !